Friday, October 14, 2005

Volume 1 issue 2

Letter from the editor:

People ask, "why isn't it the Happy Workers party," and my only response is: show me a happy worker. We have reason to be surly, according to the NY Times: "average weekly earnings of about 80 percent of the nation's labor force - people in manufacturing or nonsupervisory jobs - fell 1.2 percent from August to September when adjusted for inflation. The real wages of this group of Americans has fallen all but four of the last 12 months." I'm thinking we organize for the thirty-two hour work week, it wouldn't be the workers we had to convince - it would be the owners. I'm hip to suggestions however, why don't a few of you write in and give me a Surly worker story and maybe a solution or two to the decaying state of employment in America. I'd love to hear from you.

In my news:
I received the pictures of my Wedding Reception today. To all of you that came and celebrated with us, thank you. It was a joy to look at the happy faces (we here at CHOKE are not all bad news and soiled britches). I've also decided that I look mighty sexy and powerful with a sheriff's badge on, so you might see me running for office. It's too late for the City Council but something has to be coming around the bend soon.

Speaking of City Council, I know a number of you live in Minneapolis and you damn well better tell your council person that there are enough condos in the neighborhood. Let's use our brains and come up with a sustainable plan, one that includes all types of housing.

In the news in my house:
Diggin' the day old bakery items that come from the Cafe of the America's (have any of you dropped in to see my wife?). One of the cats is hurt. Victor the brick as been limping an hissing at his hind leg. He reminds me of this little old man who walks around the neighborhood and cusses at himself.


It's a slow news week folks and this issue is a bit thin. But bare with us as we get up and running.

You are all mighty fine folks,
O

No comments: