
What was previously the "Everynight Unemployment Update," is now CHOKE: The Daily Update of the Surly Workers Party.
Choke n. 2. A block to progress, an obstruction.
Choke v. 5. Stop (a machine or its action) by clogging or jamming.
-The English Oxford Dictionary
A letter from the Editor:
It is no longer your responsibility to: ask for a dialogue, request a meeting, hold a seminar, write letters, sign petitions, etc, etc. Since all dreams of a common language have been dashed (Adrienne, I'm sorry) you may now commence more radical action: CHOKE.
It is my belief, and many of you share this, that quotidian life is not life at all, but a subtle march towards debt and death. Having had little to distract myself these past days I have begun to sound like a crazy man. I assure you I am not. It is true, perhaps, that when a person spends so much time in deep introspection that they begin to speak of larger issues, and no longer seem as interested in the mundane details of life. I am as interested in the breakfast you ate this morning, as I am in proliferation of gentrifying condo buildings. I am as in tune to my gut, as I am to my heart. I assure you that the mission of CHOKE is not just to bring you down and tune you in. We are here to turn you on, flip you, smack you, rub you down, spin you round and round and round.
Please inform your friends and loved ones of the new format and submit their email address to themasses@mac.com if they wish to receive CHOKE.
One last note. The editor wishes to thank all of you that expressed concern after the collapse of the "Everynight Unemployment Update."
Very Truly Yours,
O

No comments:
Post a Comment